Insurer apologises over 2018 announcement with the potential to mislead the market in a “serious but not intentional” breach.
Amicus denied accusations of breach of contract and client poaching after DIG filed legal proceedings against the broker and an employee in July.
Poor weather threatened revenues but the fall in claims due to lockdown has lowered costs, but analysis paints a stormy picture for 2021.
Industry experts say Blanc's focus on core markets is good for brokers, as they note she is yet to make any big UK changes at the provider.
Insurance Age commissioning editor, Laurence Eastham, and news editor, Ida Axling, discuss the top stories of the week.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Direct Insurance and Amicus agree settlement out of court
- Blog: Three ways to be more efficient working remotely
- FCA raps Aviva on the knuckles over share announcement
- Aston Lark posts growth in turnover and Ebitda in 2019
- Lockton denies fraud allegations in ongoing legal dispute
- Trust in insurance sector plummets after BI case
- Home insurance to “scrape a profit” in 2020
Browse Insurance Age's library of supplements and special editions.
The Top 100 2019 reveals that brokers are growing and thriving
Find out which firms are amongst the top insurance brokers in personal lines in the UK
The sector's leading lights share their views on the industry