The Lord Chancellor has asked for experts to contribute to a review of how the Ogden rate is set with a final decision predicted by May 2019 as the industry hopes it may settle around 1%.
The shortest month of the year kicked off with brokers complaining about SSP, early reports of Allianz expressing interest in buying XL Group, InsurTech start-ups and GDPR.
Test your knowledge of the week's news with our topical quiz.
Broker looking to replace the MD with a chief operating officer after restructure.
This unique post will work with and report to the SEERPIC Board
£45,516 plus (dependent on experience), South East and Eastern Region
Leading global insurer and looking for a Senior Claims Adjuster to join the Financial lines team.
£60000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Gallagher buys Pavey Group
- Professional indemnity rates set to harden
- Fusion sports team moves into Geo Specialty after Ardonagh sale
- Aviva aims to disrupt the market with new subscription-style product
- Opinion: Peter Cullum on the value of consolidation
- Brightside targeting £250m GWP within five years
- The Blog Spot: Solving dual pricing with three figures
Browse Insurance Age's library of supplements and special editions.
The Top 100 2018 reveals many reasons to be cheerful
Find out which firms are amongst the top insurance brokers in personal lines in the UK
The Insurance Age team discuss the top stories from the week