The Supreme Court concluded the Covid-19 business interruption dispute by substantially ruling in favour of policyholders.
The court also concluded that the Orient Express case, which insurers relied on during the hearing, was wrongly decided and should be overruled.
More than 100 staff are set to move across as A-Plan is set to become Howden’s retail flagship.
Group CEO Paul Anscombe says the business is set to make acquisitions in the first half of the year, after pausing its deal-making plans in 2020 due to the pandemic.
For the 35th episode of Post and Insurance Age’s video series we gathered together a panel of senior insurance managers to discuss how productive staff have been since Covid-19 lockdown, and whether it has changed as restrictions have eased?Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Supreme Court rejects insurers' appeals in BI test case judgment
- Insurers urged to pay claims quickly following BI ruling
- Inflexion plans to build another "powerhouse" UK broker after Bollington sale
- Bollington deal to “supercharge” Gallagher’s presence in the North West
- Vizion takes broking director from Gallagher
- Biba reveals conference theme
- Finch buys Compass member Headley Group
Browse Insurance Age's library of supplements and special editions.
The Top 100 2020 shows that growth is still happening both organically and via M&A and the sector is in a positive position
Find out which firms are amongst the top insurance brokers in personal lines in the UK
The sector's leading lights share their views on the industry