London-based InsurTech broker Zego has raised $42m (£33.5m) in what it said was one of the largest funding rounds for a European start-up.
The business explained that the money will be used to fund its expansion across Europe, as well as build on its current operations in the UK, Ireland and Spain. It also plans to double its workforce.
The investment round was led by Target Global, an investment firm specialising in the Fintech and mobility space, with other backer including TransferWise
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Hobbs reveals Allianz’s £35m debut at Lloyd’s
- UK Broker Awards: Winners revealed
- Samways retires after decade at Miles Smith
- Clear set to make more deals this year
- Clive Edwards becomes CEO of Aspen Insurance UK
- Tokio Marine Kiln restructures management
- FSCS pays out to Lamp GAP and health customers