London-based InsurTech broker Zego has raised $42m (£33.5m) in what it said was one of the largest funding rounds for a European start-up.
The business explained that the money will be used to fund its expansion across Europe, as well as build on its current operations in the UK, Ireland and Spain. It also plans to double its workforce.
The investment round was led by Target Global, an investment firm specialising in the Fintech and mobility space, with other backer including TransferWise
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Government reveals recalculated Ogden rate
- Insurers disappointed by the new discount rate
- Lloyd’s strategy change gets market backing
- Danish regulator orders Gefion not to expand its business volume
- Chris Guillaume formally hands over CEO role
- CRL close to finding replacement for Alpha policies
- Insurance Cares: FCA consults on travel cover for people with medical issues