tI was taken by the news of Cobra’s acquisition by PIB for two reasons.
One, I’d almost forgotten that Cobra existed.
And secondly that actually it was a decent sized business that offers its new home a number of complementary features. Indeed it brings PIB ever closer to that mythical £1bn controlled premium number with its £350m contribution.
Cobra was launched amid the network [or alliances as some preferred to be known] craze of the early noughties as the dawn of statutory regulation
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- One Call’s Radford launches motor broker
- Lloyd's reveals soaring profit for H1 2019
- Saga considering sale of Bennetts for second time, say reports
- TL Dallas posts turnover and profit growth for 2018
- Uber boss joins Inshur following partnership deal
- Markel not going into broking following Caunce O'Hara deal
- Samways retires after decade at Miles Smith