tI was taken by the news of Cobra’s acquisition by PIB for two reasons.
One, I’d almost forgotten that Cobra existed.
And secondly that actually it was a decent sized business that offers its new home a number of complementary features. Indeed it brings PIB ever closer to that mythical £1bn controlled premium number with its £350m contribution.
Cobra was launched amid the network [or alliances as some preferred to be known] craze of the early noughties as the dawn of statutory regulation
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Lloyd’s suspends employee for “inappropriate comments” – report
- Brokers monitoring capacity shortages after TMKI run-off
- Tokio Marine Kiln Insurance to go into run-off
- Tokio Marine Kiln: Figures revealed following closure of UK arm
- Market moves: Change is in the air
- GRP’s County Group purchases Eric Rawlins & Company
- Profit margins for UK brokers at highest level in eight years