tI was taken by the news of Cobra’s acquisition by PIB for two reasons.
One, I’d almost forgotten that Cobra existed.
And secondly that actually it was a decent sized business that offers its new home a number of complementary features. Indeed it brings PIB ever closer to that mythical £1bn controlled premium number with its £350m contribution.
Cobra was launched amid the network [or alliances as some preferred to be known] craze of the early noughties as the dawn of statutory regulation
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Government reveals recalculated Ogden rate
- Insurers disappointed by the new discount rate
- Lloyd’s strategy change gets market backing
- Danish regulator orders Gefion not to expand its business volume
- Chris Guillaume formally hands over CEO role
- CRL close to finding replacement for Alpha policies
- Insurance Cares: FCA consults on travel cover for people with medical issues