A multi-billion-pound scandal over insurance sold with personal loanswas revealed in a survey conducted by intermediary Goodfellows lastmonth.
The research revealed that some loan providers are cashing in on alucrative insurance sideline by selling policies that they claim willprotect borrowers who have fallen on hard times and are unable to meettheir repayment obligations.
Goodfellows claims sales of payment protection insurance (PPI) are runningat 1,000 policies an hour and lenders are takin
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- Hiscox adds drone cover and more to home insurance product
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti
- GWP slips to $2.39bn at QBE Europe in half year results
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Meet the Expo Leeds panellists: Jon Newall