CII director-general Sandy Scott, in response to the publication of the Financial Services Authority’s (FSA) publication of its discussion paper of the Retail Distribution Review, said that the industry must improve professionalism to tackle its reputational issues and instil a culture of trust for the consumer.
“Our members believe that - despite areas of best practice - the quality of financial advice and professional standards and competence must increase significantly,” he said.
- One Broker buys Gibbs Denley Insurance Services
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Bennett Christmas buys Horsham-based Slade Edwards Insurance
- Confused.com sees profits halve for start of 2017
- In-depth - Personal lines: The omni-channel future
- Bollington's Paul Moors hails "excellent" results for 2016