CII director-general Sandy Scott, in response to the publication of the Financial Services Authority’s (FSA) publication of its discussion paper of the Retail Distribution Review, said that the industry must improve professionalism to tackle its reputational issues and instil a culture of trust for the consumer.
“Our members believe that - despite areas of best practice - the quality of financial advice and professional standards and competence must increase significantly,” he said.
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- SSP confirms system disruption in texts to brokers
- Ex-AA boss Bob Mackenzie seeking up to £225m in damages
- Insurtech start-up Konsileo secures £2.7m in funding
- Axa partners with Gresham in £20m deal
- Das v Asplin: Prosecution outlines arguments on fraud charges
- InsurTech Futures: PwC and Early Metrics launch programme to scale start-ups