CII director-general Sandy Scott, in response to the publication of the Financial Services Authority’s (FSA) publication of its discussion paper of the Retail Distribution Review, said that the industry must improve professionalism to tackle its reputational issues and instil a culture of trust for the consumer.
“Our members believe that - despite areas of best practice - the quality of financial advice and professional standards and competence must increase significantly,” he said.
- Profits up at Allianz in 2018
- Laurent Matras takes interim Axa retail MD role as Gareth Howell departs
- Market moves: Across the board
- Legal Protection Group confirms loss of Inter Hannover capacity
- Regional review: Cardiff
- Towergate’s Andy Parkin resurfaces at Gauntlet
- Allianz prepared for "turbulent" 2019