Over the past few months Andrew Torrance, chief executive, Allianz Cornhill Insurance, has made his presence in the market known with his strong views on the potentially softening market.
This is a debate that has been raging on for some time, with half of the market claiming it is softening, while others in the industry, like Mr Torrance, urge the market to 'hold its nerve'. But does he feel that this message has been heeded?
"I believe a pretty consistent view is emerging that it is bad news
- One Broker buys Gibbs Denley Insurance Services
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- Bennett Christmas buys Horsham-based Slade Edwards Insurance
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Gadget insurance aggregator launched
- In-depth - Personal lines: The omni-channel future
- Confused.com sees profits halve for start of 2017