Over the past few months Andrew Torrance, chief executive, Allianz Cornhill Insurance, has made his presence in the market known with his strong views on the potentially softening market.
This is a debate that has been raging on for some time, with half of the market claiming it is softening, while others in the industry, like Mr Torrance, urge the market to 'hold its nerve'. But does he feel that this message has been heeded?
"I believe a pretty consistent view is emerging that it is bad news
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Close Brothers and other creditors to lose out following collapse of Ignition Select
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Aggregators eating into SME business – GlobalData