The statutory regulation of general insurance by the Financial Services Authority (FSA) under the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 will come into effect, as we all know, from January next year. In the meantime, general insurance will continue to be regulated by the General Insurance Standards Council (Gisc), which has welcomed the FSA's move to delay taking over regulation.
The rulebook explicitly states that Gisc members must ensure employees are appropriately trained and that this tr
- Aviva pulls agency with GRP
- Hiscox updates cyber and data insurance product
- Amazon “working with” UK brokers and insurers
- Video: GDPR – Future proofing your business: Don’t panic!
- Launderette-based insurance ghost brokers jailed
- Uber gives drivers free insurance as it expands partnership with Axa
- Video: GDPR – Marketing: what brokers can and can’t do