Group CEO Peter Blanc says the transaction, which is believed to be worth around £320m, will secure the broker's independence for the foreseeable future.
List includes payment protection specialist British Insurance which was bought by Towergate in 2008, but stopped trading in 2011.
Test your knowledge of the week's news with our topical quiz.
Specialist property broker moves to the Applied Epic platform.
We are seeking experienced and driven claims professionals who possesses detailed knowledge of Motor claims market practices.
£50-70k p.a. + bonus (up to 25%), Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwickshire
In this exciting new role, you will lead the direction and development of the claims data and analytics strategy to provide forecasting and analysis.
£50-70k p.a. depending on experience + bonus (up to 25%), Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwickshire
- Three insurance firms on FSCS insolvency list
- Aspen Risk Management to be placed in runoff
- Aston Lark on cusp of £320m Goldman Sachs investment
- Biba will return to Manchester in 2020
- Esure hires former Aviva UKGI boss David McMillan as CEO
- Aston Lark confirms Goldman Sachs investment deal
- FCA warns of clone MGA
Browse Insurance Age's library of supplements and special editions.
The Top 100 2018 reveals many reasons to be cheerful
Find out which firms are amongst the top insurance brokers in personal lines in the UK
The Insurance Age team discuss the top stories from the week