Toby van der Meer will become the chief executive officer of Hastings Group on 1 March, the business has revealed.
He is currently managing director of the company’s UK trading subsidiary, Hastings Insurance Services.
Van der Meer joined the firm in June 2011 having previously been a managing director at moneysupermarket.com.
Current group CEO Gary Hoffman, who joined in November 2012 and led Hastings through an IPO in 2015, will ultimately become non-executive chairman.
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Ardonagh confirms the end of all Swinton retail branches
- Ardonagh losses rise to £44.5m in H1 2019
- Aon UK confirms solicitors’ PI cover has been withdrawn
- Bravo Group spent £53m on deals in 2018
- PIB u-turns on pledge to keep Albany Childcare brand
- Call Connection's administration extension confirmed
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders