The economic secretary has announced an inquiry into the sale of packaged travel insurance - a move that has been welcomed by the industry. This month's Power Hour discusses the implications of the enquiry.
Ian: If we wind the clock back and look at the point at which the regulated travel industry, and Association of British Travel Agents, (ABTA) were lobbying for the exemption, the view that we came up with was that it would depend very much on the practical application of this, for example,
- Folgate teams up with MS Amlin for 2019
- Vivek Banga to leave Gallagher for Polaris
- Motor insurance pay-outs soar to record levels
- Bridge breaks through £10m barrier
- Profile: Peter Cullum, Towergate founder and GRP chairman
- InsurTech Futures: Start-up With Jack authorised by the FCA
- Blog: Should brokers be concerned?