Zurich has backed travel insurance start-up Pluto, which aims to challenge the market by offering “travel insurance for people who don’t like insurance”.
The insurer will provide the underwriting and claims capacity for the InsurTech firm which claims its mobile-focused offering provides customers with a quote in around 60 seconds or three minutes when a customer is building their own policy.
The start-up was set up in order to decrease the number of millennials who travel without insurance.
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Ardonagh confirms the end of all Swinton retail branches
- Ardonagh losses rise to £44.5m in H1 2019
- Aon UK confirms solicitors’ PI cover has been withdrawn
- Bravo Group spent £53m on deals in 2018
- PIB u-turns on pledge to keep Albany Childcare brand
- Call Connection's administration extension confirmed
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders