New research has underlined the view that insurance customers are cynical about insurers' willingness to pay out on claims.
The research from directexcellence, a company which assesses how insurance companies sell their products, found that 43% of the sample believed that 'insurance companies will do anything to get out of paying a claim'.
However, the findings also indicated a strong level of customer loyalty to insurance companies, with 51% on home and 47% on motor having been with the same
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- Ex-AA boss Bob Mackenzie seeking up to £225m in damages
- Das v Asplin: Prosecution outlines arguments on fraud charges
- Ardonagh looking at deals worth £500m
- Axa partners with Gresham in £20m deal
- InsurTech Futures: PwC and Early Metrics launch programme to scale start-ups