All businesses, including brokers, will soon be responsible for disposing of their old electrical equipment and electronic waste or face fines according to new EU legislation.
The WEEE Directive (Waste of Electrical and Electronic Equipment) will govern the environmentally sound recycling of electronic equipment, such as computers that have come to the end of their life, and will come into effect in January 2007, with an implementation date of July in that year.
The obligation will fall on tho
- One Broker buys Gibbs Denley Insurance Services
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- Bennett Christmas buys Horsham-based Slade Edwards Insurance
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Gadget insurance aggregator launched
- In-depth - Personal lines: The omni-channel future
- Confused.com sees profits halve for start of 2017