All businesses, including brokers, will soon be responsible for disposing of their old electrical equipment and electronic waste or face fines according to new EU legislation.
The WEEE Directive (Waste of Electrical and Electronic Equipment) will govern the environmentally sound recycling of electronic equipment, such as computers that have come to the end of their life, and will come into effect in January 2007, with an implementation date of July in that year.
The obligation will fall on tho
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Close Brothers and other creditors to lose out following collapse of Ignition Select
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Aggregators eating into SME business – GlobalData