Axa Insurance commissioned research into the amount required for adequate investment to counter the risk of flooding. Based on this research, Axa estimated that an additional £720m needs to be spent to improve surface drainage across the UK for the 45 towns and cities affected by last year’s floods.
In his statement to the House on 2nd July 2008, the secretary of state for the environment, Hilary Benn, announced that flood defence spending will increase to £800m in 2010-2011 but this amount
- Close Brothers and other creditors to lose out following collapse of Ignition Select
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Do you know what to do if you get hacked?