Russell Bellamy, head of insurance sales at BeatThatQuote said: "Last year, we extended our insurance cover to include motorbike and commercial vehicle cover, and we saw our numbers grow significantly.
"We now have approximately 2 million unique visitors per month visiting the site and even with the current economic slowdown we have seen the number of insurance policies sold through the site double since the beginning of 2008.
"We believe that consumers want to be able to make more ethically aware
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- Hiscox adds drone cover and more to home insurance product
- GWP slips to $2.39bn at QBE Europe in half year results
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO