Offshoring and the increased leniency of the Insurance Ombudsman are to blame for a decline in proper handling of weather related household claims, according to meteorology consultancy, British Weather Services (BWS).
"Some 50% of these claims are of a bogus nature," said Jim Dale, senior meteorologist, BWS. "This figure does not refer to fraudulent claims but claims that were wrongly paid or unpaid.
"Recently, insurers have been moving away from proper verification and there has been a broad
- Gallagher set to ink another deal before Christmas
- CBL Insurance placed into liquidation
- Top 100 2018: Find out who made the list
- Top 100 2018 - Bandings
- Dye points to pricing changes following claims inflation
- Broker Choice Awards: The winners
- At the crossroads: Changes at RSA, Aviva and Ageas add to market uncertainty