Offshoring and the increased leniency of the Insurance Ombudsman are to blame for a decline in proper handling of weather related household claims, according to meteorology consultancy, British Weather Services (BWS).
"Some 50% of these claims are of a bogus nature," said Jim Dale, senior meteorologist, BWS. "This figure does not refer to fraudulent claims but claims that were wrongly paid or unpaid.
"Recently, insurers have been moving away from proper verification and there has been a broad
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Close Brothers and other creditors to lose out following collapse of Ignition Select
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Aggregators eating into SME business – GlobalData