Offshoring and the increased leniency of the Insurance Ombudsman are to blame for a decline in proper handling of weather related household claims, according to meteorology consultancy, British Weather Services (BWS).
"Some 50% of these claims are of a bogus nature," said Jim Dale, senior meteorologist, BWS. "This figure does not refer to fraudulent claims but claims that were wrongly paid or unpaid.
"Recently, insurers have been moving away from proper verification and there has been a broad
- One Broker buys Gibbs Denley Insurance Services
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- Bennett Christmas buys Horsham-based Slade Edwards Insurance
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Gadget insurance aggregator launched
- In-depth - Personal lines: The omni-channel future
- Confused.com sees profits halve for start of 2017