Since call centres were invented, making an insurance claim has - in theory - become much simpler. Clients used to ring their brokers for a claims form and get three estimates before a repair or replacement was authorised. Every party in the transaction worked at its own pace.
Now claims forms have been all but abolished. Claims are validated through call centres and managed pro-actively.
But call centres are far from perfect environments. The people who staff them are usually low-paid, transi
- Bollington launches MGA
- Pukka’s Sam White launches Freedom Brokers
- Zurich explores Endsleigh sale - report
- Meet the Broker Apprentices 2017: Luke Abbots-Darbyshire
- Complaints hit 3.32m for first half of 2017
- InsurTech Futures: Nigel Barton’s Wrisk app launches £500,000 crowdfunding round
- Ecclesiastical launches standalone fine art product for brokers