Since call centres were invented, making an insurance claim has - in theory - become much simpler. Clients used to ring their brokers for a claims form and get three estimates before a repair or replacement was authorised. Every party in the transaction worked at its own pace.
Now claims forms have been all but abolished. Claims are validated through call centres and managed pro-actively.
But call centres are far from perfect environments. The people who staff them are usually low-paid, transi
- Aviva pulls agency with GRP
- AIG warns of rise in data breaches as GDPR comes into force
- Amazon “working with” UK brokers and insurers
- Alpha: Cover My Cab steps in with Gefion policies
- City Insurance Brokers and Compass launch profit insurance scheme
- Coversure backers Livingbridge “not done” with insurance investments
- Uber gives drivers free insurance as it expands partnership with Axa