The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) has issued a warning that Minsura Insurance, which claimed to offer motor cover, is a clone of an EEA authorised firm.
The regulator explained that Minsura had been targeting people in the UK, describing itself as an authorised firm, but highlighted that the business is not authorised by the FCA.
According to the watchdog, fraudsters usually use this tactic when contacting people out of the blue.
The regulator noted the clone firm could be using the genui
- FCA warns on clone of Ellis David Insurance Brokers
- InsurTech Futures: Ex-Brokerbility and Aviva expert targets on-demand market
- Miller buys Alston Gayler and Co
- Blog: Does your board meet FCA standards?
- FCA issues another clone broker warning
- Podcast: Certus' Ben Welsh looks at the top five stories of the week
- Axa XL to move EU arm to Dublin