The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) has issued a warning that Minsura Insurance, which claimed to offer motor cover, is a clone of an EEA authorised firm.
The regulator explained that Minsura had been targeting people in the UK, describing itself as an authorised firm, but highlighted that the business is not authorised by the FCA.
According to the watchdog, fraudsters usually use this tactic when contacting people out of the blue.
The regulator noted the clone firm could be using the
The Insurance Age editorial team dig into this week's top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Construction firm unable to find insurance due to lack of capacity
- FCA warns of Moneysupermarket clone
- Fact file: What’s the story with the Ogden Rate?
- Hastings expects £8.4m hit from Ogden rate change
- Blog: What is JCT 21.2.1 insurance, and who needs it?
- Victor reaches out to brokers following CEO change
- FCA reiterates dual pricing concerns