The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) has issued a warning that Minsura Insurance, which claimed to offer motor cover, is a clone of an EEA authorised firm.
The regulator explained that Minsura had been targeting people in the UK, describing itself as an authorised firm, but highlighted that the business is not authorised by the FCA.
According to the watchdog, fraudsters usually use this tactic when contacting people out of the blue.
The regulator noted the clone firm could be using the
- Ardonagh closes 24 Swinton branches
- Mactavish chases “ultimate failure” £30m British Steel claim
- Mactavish names all British Steel insurers
- Brokers warned over admin fees and commission
- Lamp’s proposed liquidation sparks debate on insurer stability and ratings
- Gibraltar insurer, Lamp, goes into liquidation amid insolvency
- Ardonagh losses decrease for Q1