The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) has issued a warning that Minsura Insurance, which claimed to offer motor cover, is a clone of an EEA authorised firm.
The regulator explained that Minsura had been targeting people in the UK, describing itself as an authorised firm, but highlighted that the business is not authorised by the FCA.
According to the watchdog, fraudsters usually use this tactic when contacting people out of the blue.
The regulator noted the clone firm could be using the
- Gallagher buys Pavey Group
- Professional indemnity rates set to harden
- Fusion sports team moves into Geo Specialty after Ardonagh sale
- Aviva aims to disrupt the market with new subscription-style product
- Opinion: Peter Cullum on the value of consolidation
- Brightside targeting £250m GWP within five years
- The Blog Spot: Solving dual pricing with three figures