Insurance Age has teamed up with IMAS – advisers, principally to sellers, of insurance businesses – to bring you a statistical look at the broker consolidation frenzy sweeping the nation.
The graph at the bottom of the page shows deals over the past four years.
“Clearly we have seen historic high levels of activity in the last two quarters, they are both records,” says Olly Laughton-Scott, founding partner of IMAS. “The key driver is the broad interest and capital being provided by private
- Lamp’s proposed liquidation sparks debate on insurer stability and ratings
- Ardonagh closes 24 Swinton branches
- Martyn Holman joins Banks-owned Eldon Insurance board
- Gibraltar insurer, Lamp, goes into liquidation amid insolvency
- Mactavish names all British Steel insurers
- Brokers warned over admin fees and commission
- Lockton announces key hires in Birmingham and Manchester