The case of McBride -v- Gables Farm Dogs and Cats Home, centred on alleged injuries sustained by the dog walker while exercising dogs in the field owned by the animal care charity.
On 8 March 2008, charity dog walker Helen McBride was exercising a dog by walking it around a field owned by her employer, Gables Farm Dogs and Cats Home (GFDCH), when she slipped, sustaining an injury to her hip which she claimed caused pain and discomfort for three years.
Ms McBride subsequently filed a civil action
- Losses bite at Ageas Retail after Kwik Fit closure
- David Charles steps down as head of PIB-owned Cooke & Mason
- Ansvar launches two charity products
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- Verisk to buy Sequel for £250m
- Ascot launches new MGA and hires Michael Sillat to lead
- Ageas teams up with CDL on Flood Re solution