The case of McBride -v- Gables Farm Dogs and Cats Home, centred on alleged injuries sustained by the dog walker while exercising dogs in the field owned by the animal care charity.
On 8 March 2008, charity dog walker Helen McBride was exercising a dog by walking it around a field owned by her employer, Gables Farm Dogs and Cats Home (GFDCH), when she slipped, sustaining an injury to her hip which she claimed caused pain and discomfort for three years.
Ms McBride subsequently filed a civil action
- Swinton puts 268 people at risk of redundancy
- Steve Lewis confident RSA UK will “bounce back” in 2018
- Cyber hacks reported to FCA by financial firms hit 69 in 2017
- Jon Dye brands 2017 as “landmark” year for Allianz in UK
- CBL Insurance Europe ordered to stop writing new business immediately
- RSA UK reports falling profits in 2017
- InsurTech Futures: Zurich unveils InsurTech and innovation brand