The case of McBride -v- Gables Farm Dogs and Cats Home, centred on alleged injuries sustained by the dog walker while exercising dogs in the field owned by the animal care charity.
On 8 March 2008, charity dog walker Helen McBride was exercising a dog by walking it around a field owned by her employer, Gables Farm Dogs and Cats Home (GFDCH), when she slipped, sustaining an injury to her hip which she claimed caused pain and discomfort for three years.
Ms McBride subsequently filed a civil action
- Bluefin fine – 32 FCA staff directly involved in investigation
- GRP’s purchase prices revealed
- In Person: Head of Marsh Networks David Hopwood
- Ex-Towergate and Aviva boss Mark Hodges joins ReAssure for IPO
- Abbey owners Prestige buy Autoline
- FCA insurance spend rises to £264,587 for 2018/19
- GRP pondering two more regional hubs