The case of McBride -v- Gables Farm Dogs and Cats Home, centred on alleged injuries sustained by the dog walker while exercising dogs in the field owned by the animal care charity.
On 8 March 2008, charity dog walker Helen McBride was exercising a dog by walking it around a field owned by her employer, Gables Farm Dogs and Cats Home (GFDCH), when she slipped, sustaining an injury to her hip which she claimed caused pain and discomfort for three years.
Ms McBride subsequently filed a civil action
- Former Axa claims handler jailed for fraud
- MVP snaps up stake in Ataraxia as Stuart Randall exits
- InsurTech Futures: By Miles launches pay-as-you-go motor policy
- Insurance Cares: FCA plans ‘vulnerable customers’ consultation
- FCA prepares for hard Brexit
- CII names Jonathan Clark as new president
- MVP the “ideal partner” for Ataraxia, says Stuart Randall