The study also reveals that most care home managers are unable to even estimate how much they should be paying for insurance protection against claims under the new law.
According to a study conducted by Gold Direct, the specialist care home division of Venture Preference broker Smart & Cook, four-out-of-five care home owners/managers did not know when the new Corporate Manslaughter Act (CMAct) was due to take effect, and two-out-of-five had no understanding of the act itself.
Only 8% were
- Up to 275 jobs at risk at Axa XL in the UK
- Ghost broker jailed for two years
- Legal Protection Group confirms loss of Inter Hannover capacity
- Towergate’s Andy Parkin resurfaces at Gauntlet
- Consolidation opens up opportunities, says Romero boss
- Laurent Matras takes interim Axa retail MD role as Gareth Howell departs
- Profits up at Allianz in 2018