Household insurers’ take big hit
The household insurance market incurred losses in excess of £300m in 2007 according to estimates made by Datamonitor. The June and July floods are estimated to have cost insurers around £3bn and when added to the other claims made throughout the year for theft, fire and subsidence, Datamonitor estimates that gross household insurance claims costs were in excess of £4bn.
While a proportion of this cost will be passed to the reinsurance industry, the bill for
- Allianz prepared for "turbulent" 2019
- Podcast: Top five stories this week with Axa's Jon Walker
- Blog: How is the debate around cyber affecting clients?
- Consolidation opens up opportunities, says Romero boss
- Profits up at Allianz in 2018
- AI anti-fraud measures receive Government backing
- InsurTech Futures: Tapoly unveils broker platform for on demand products