▶ When did you set up Gauntlet?
I set the business up 20 years ago. I had been broking before that for a short space of time but decided it was a good opportunity to set up on my own. I had started from school as an underwriter but following redundancy had to make a choice between the company and my clients so that’s when I moved into broking.
▶ What did you do then?
I started Gauntlet from the front room of my house, worked there for six months before moving to offices in Leeds. I started with
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Ardonagh looking at deals worth £500m
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Brunel Insurance Brokers achieves chartered status
- AIG sets up “Brexit-resilient” structure
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- Das v Asplin: Prosecution outlines arguments on fraud charges