▶ When did you set up Gauntlet?
I set the business up 20 years ago. I had been broking before that for a short space of time but decided it was a good opportunity to set up on my own. I had started from school as an underwriter but following redundancy had to make a choice between the company and my clients so that’s when I moved into broking.
▶ What did you do then?
I started Gauntlet from the front room of my house, worked there for six months before moving to offices in Leeds. I started with
- One Broker buys Gibbs Denley Insurance Services
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Bennett Christmas buys Horsham-based Slade Edwards Insurance
- Confused.com sees profits halve for start of 2017
- In-depth - Personal lines: The omni-channel future
- Bollington's Paul Moors hails "excellent" results for 2016