Mr Stubbs is optimistic about the future of his brokerage but is also sensibly cautious.
"This is a time for opportunity. We have invested in new staff as this period is about positioning ourselves for the years ahead," he says.
"I expect it to be every bit as tough as last year however," he adds.
He says that people are definitely shopping around more and are particularly price sensitive. But he is confident that by improving service levels - providing risk management and loss assessing service
- Losses bite at Ageas Retail after Kwik Fit closure
- David Charles steps down as head of PIB-owned Cooke & Mason
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- Lark boosts profit ahead of Aston Scott merger
- Ageas teams up with CDL on Flood Re solution
- Meet the Leeds Expo panellists: Simon Mabb
- Verisk to buy Sequel for £250m