Mr Stubbs is optimistic about the future of his brokerage but is also sensibly cautious.
"This is a time for opportunity. We have invested in new staff as this period is about positioning ourselves for the years ahead," he says.
"I expect it to be every bit as tough as last year however," he adds.
He says that people are definitely shopping around more and are particularly price sensitive. But he is confident that by improving service levels - providing risk management and loss assessing service
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Close Brothers and other creditors to lose out following collapse of Ignition Select
- Aggregators eating into SME business – GlobalData