Have the British Insurance Brokers' Association (Biba) recommendations on managing conflicts of interest gone far enough and do brokers realise the potential issues?
Kevin: It seems to me that there's been a huge amount of work done by organisations like Biba to help make brokers more aware. However, the biggest difficulty is getting the interpretation and the judgement of the rules - that's where most guidance is needed.
Jane: I think we need to keep things in proportion but appreciate that t
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- Hiscox adds drone cover and more to home insurance product
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti
- GWP slips to $2.39bn at QBE Europe in half year results
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Meet the Expo Leeds panellists: Jon Newall