Given the recent announcements from Lloyds TSB and RBS, is brokers' share of the SME market under increased threat?
Geoff: If brokers continue to try to differentiate themselves on price only, then they certainly are under threat from direct writers.
Stuart: I think we need to draw parallels with the private motor business.
A lot of it has gone direct, but still the core of private motor business is held with the broker. While there is a direct threat on the smaller business side - and I agree
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Ex-AA boss Bob Mackenzie seeking up to £225m in damages
- Das v Asplin: Prosecution outlines arguments on fraud charges
- Axa partners with Gresham in £20m deal
- InsurTech Futures: PwC and Early Metrics launch programme to scale start-ups
- SEIB eyeing buys to support ongoing organic growth