Given the recent announcements from Lloyds TSB and RBS, is brokers' share of the SME market under increased threat?
Geoff: If brokers continue to try to differentiate themselves on price only, then they certainly are under threat from direct writers.
Stuart: I think we need to draw parallels with the private motor business.
A lot of it has gone direct, but still the core of private motor business is held with the broker. While there is a direct threat on the smaller business side - and I agree
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- David Charles steps down as head of PIB-owned Cooke & Mason
- Hiscox adds drone cover and more to home insurance product
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti
- Broking Break - Your Top Five
- Blog: Allianz and LV deal further proof that SME commercial is a tough nut to crack