Given the recent announcements from Lloyds TSB and RBS, is brokers' share of the SME market under increased threat?
Geoff: If brokers continue to try to differentiate themselves on price only, then they certainly are under threat from direct writers.
Stuart: I think we need to draw parallels with the private motor business.
A lot of it has gone direct, but still the core of private motor business is held with the broker. While there is a direct threat on the smaller business side - and I agree
- Former Axa claims handler jailed for fraud
- GRP’s County Group buys Guardian in "first of many" deals
- Finch Insurance Brokers returns to profitable growth in 2017
- Trident switches from Open GI to Applied Systems
- Providers prepare for FCA affordability rule changes hitting premium finance
- Clear secures refinancing deal with ECI Partners
- SEIB looking for more deals after Equicover book buy