Here are five themes I suspect we could see plenty more off as 2016 plays out.
1) New Year; same old story lines
Last year saw a number of notable broker faces take up new roles with new challenges.
From Brendan McManus joining former boss Chris Giles at PIB and Stuart Reid moving from Bluefin to AJ Gallagher; from David Ross' long drawn out - and expensive - arrival at Towergate and Peter Blanc turning up at Aston Scott, the head hunters were busy.
Elsewhere we saw the former Towergate team of A
- One Broker buys Gibbs Denley Insurance Services
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Bennett Christmas buys Horsham-based Slade Edwards Insurance
- Confused.com sees profits halve for start of 2017
- In-depth - Personal lines: The omni-channel future
- Bollington's Paul Moors hails "excellent" results for 2016