The British Insurance Brokers’ Association (Biba) has named former Insurance Minister and current board member Jonathan Evans as its new chair.
The announcement was made on stage at the 2019 Biba conference in Manchester by outgoing chairman Lord Hunt of Wirral whose tenure ends in December 2019.
Lord Hunt explained that following consultation with members Biba had decided to go with an independent chair with links to both politics and the insurance sector.
Evans, who will take up the
- Lamp’s proposed liquidation sparks debate on insurer stability and ratings
- Ardonagh closes 24 Swinton branches
- Martyn Holman joins Banks-owned Eldon Insurance board
- Gibraltar insurer, Lamp, goes into liquidation amid insolvency
- Mactavish names all British Steel insurers
- Brokers warned over admin fees and commission
- Lockton announces key hires in Birmingham and Manchester