The British Insurance Brokers’ Association (Biba) has named former Insurance Minister and current board member Jonathan Evans as its new chair.
The announcement was made on stage at the 2019 Biba conference in Manchester by outgoing chairman Lord Hunt of Wirral whose tenure ends in December 2019.
Lord Hunt explained that following consultation with members Biba had decided to go with an independent chair with links to both politics and the insurance sector.
Evans, who will take up the
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Ardonagh confirms the end of all Swinton retail branches
- Aon UK confirms solicitors’ PI cover has been withdrawn
- Ardonagh losses rise to £44.5m in H1 2019
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- Sure Thing! to be rebranded following sale to Policy Expert
- Romero Group moves to Applied Epic
- PIB u-turns on pledge to keep Albany Childcare brand