The British Insurance Brokers’ Association (Biba) has named former Insurance Minister and current board member Jonathan Evans as its new chair.
The announcement was made on stage at the 2019 Biba conference in Manchester by outgoing chairman Lord Hunt of Wirral whose tenure ends in December 2019.
Lord Hunt explained that following consultation with members Biba had decided to go with an independent chair with links to both politics and the insurance sector.
Evans, who will take up the
The Insurance Age team examine the most read stories for the week commencing 3 June 2019.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- GRP-owned Sagars buys Thomas Cook
- Three directors out as Policy Expert buys loss-making Sure Thing!
- Hiscox creates Cyber Exposure Calculator
- PIB's £50m spending on brokers in 2018 revealed
- Insurers could face fines for £4bn dual pricing "rip off"
- Markel launches tech sector proposition
- Zurich-owned N&G launches new small craft product