The shareholders of broker JLT have approved the deal for Marsh & McLennan Companies (MMC) to buy the business in a deal worth $5.6bn (£4.3bn) in cash.
Marsh revealed in a statement that 99.9% of JLT shareholders had approved the takeover move which was revealed in September.
“Today’s vote is an important milestone,” said Dan Glaser, president and CEO of MMC. “The process of planning the future of Marsh & McLennan and JLT together now begins in earnest. The colleagues I’ve met at town halls
- Aviva grows mid-market appetite
- MRIB buys Independents
- Ex-Enterprise non-exec chairman Nick Cruz sues Gibraltar regulator for libel
- Unauthorised broker targets customers on Instagram
- Acturis set to seek new minority PE investor
- Saffron buys Farmer Insurance Brokers
- Biba warns of 'uncharted waters' as Theresa May's Brexit deal is rejected