The shareholders of broker JLT have approved the deal for Marsh & McLennan Companies (MMC) to buy the business in a deal worth $5.6bn (£4.3bn) in cash.
Marsh revealed in a statement that 99.9% of JLT shareholders had approved the takeover move which was revealed in September.
“Today’s vote is an important milestone,” said Dan Glaser, president and CEO of MMC. “The process of planning the future of Marsh & McLennan and JLT together now begins in earnest. The colleagues I’ve met at town halls
- Folgate teams up with MS Amlin for 2019
- Vivek Banga to leave Gallagher for Polaris
- Touchstone recruits four business development managers in regional broker drive
- Motor insurance pay-outs soar to record levels
- InsurTech Futures: Start-up With Jack authorised by the FCA
- Bridge breaks through £10m barrier
- Profile: Peter Cullum, Towergate founder and GRP chairman