Gallagher has bought Portmore Insurance Brokers for an undisclosed sum.
The deal includes Portmore Insurance Brokers and Portmore Insurance Brokers (Wiltshire).
Southampton-based Portmore was established in 2006 and is a mid-market focused commercial broker covering a number of industry sectors, including both private and public sector businesses.
The business is led by founders and joint managing directors Graham Jacobs and Paul Chapman and has around 40 staff.
It will now become part of
- David Ross accused of “not caring” about acting lawfully
- Aston Lark buys Highworth Insurance
- Zurich temporarily pulls out of direct home
- Allianz hires Gerry Ross as head of commercial motor
- Marsh-owner gains approval to buy Jardine Lloyd Thompson
- Arch Insurance International invests in MGA
- First Central Insurance & Technology takes CEO from Hastings