Gallagher has bought Portmore Insurance Brokers for an undisclosed sum.
The deal includes Portmore Insurance Brokers and Portmore Insurance Brokers (Wiltshire).
Southampton-based Portmore was established in 2006 and is a mid-market focused commercial broker covering a number of industry sectors, including both private and public sector businesses.
The business is led by founders and joint managing directors Graham Jacobs and Paul Chapman and has around 40 staff.
It will now become part of
The Insurance Age team examine the most read stories for the week commencing 3 June 2019.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Elite proposes solvency scheme to avoid liquidation
- IFB launches counter fraud database
- Motor market records best year since 1985 ahead of troubled future, says EY
- Momentum Broker Solutions unveils 2018 results
- Broker Network owner set to make more deals with fresh funding
- Brokers call on HMRC to reform IPT
- Two TMK executives resign amid fresh sexual harassment claims at Lloyd's