Hastings Group has achieved a 21% growth in gross written premium (GWP) to £930.8m for the year ended 31 December 2017 (2016: £769.0m).
According to the firm its operating profit rose by 39% to £184.1m in 2017 (2016: £132.1m).
Hastings revealed a £20m hit from the discount rate change in its 2016 accounts, but its operating profit had not been further impacted by Ogden in 2017.
The business also posted an improved combined operating ratio of 87.0% (2016: 91.3%).
In addition, Hastings’ net
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Ardonagh confirms the end of all Swinton retail branches
- Ardonagh losses rise to £44.5m in H1 2019
- Aon UK confirms solicitors’ PI cover has been withdrawn
- Bravo Group spent £53m on deals in 2018
- PIB u-turns on pledge to keep Albany Childcare brand
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- Romero Group moves to Applied Epic