Figures from the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) have revealed that the number of cyber incidents reported to the regulator by financial services firms went up to 69 in 2017.
This is up from 38 and 24 in 2015 and 2016 respectively.
Focusing on general insurance and protection, 2017 saw 11 cyber attacks reported compared to just one in the previous year.
The statistics, contained in a freedom of information response to audit, tax and consulting firm RSM, show that reported incidents take the
- Broker Network buys Knighthood Corporate Assurance Services
- Trade credit insurer pay-outs at highest level since 2009
- GDPR: What do brokers need to know?
- Meet the techies: Tobias Taupitz
- Podcast: The top five stories of the week
- Aston Lark buys Ingram Hawkins and Nock
- Carole Nash and Axa remain committed to Republic of Ireland bike market