The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) has launched a consultation on plans to give more small businesses access to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS).
At the moment only individual consumers and around 5.5million micro-enterprises (the smallest type of business) can access the FOS if they have a dispute with a financial services firm.
In theory businesses that cannot go to the ombudsman can take a financial services firm to court.
However the FCA stated that it believes that many smaller
- Ardonagh closes 24 Swinton branches
- Mactavish chases “ultimate failure” £30m British Steel claim
- Mactavish names all British Steel insurers
- Brokers warned over admin fees and commission
- Lamp’s proposed liquidation sparks debate on insurer stability and ratings
- Gibraltar insurer, Lamp, goes into liquidation amid insolvency
- Ardonagh losses decrease for Q1