The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) has launched a consultation on plans to give more small businesses access to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS).
At the moment only individual consumers and around 5.5million micro-enterprises (the smallest type of business) can access the FOS if they have a dispute with a financial services firm.
In theory businesses that cannot go to the ombudsman can take a financial services firm to court.
However the FCA stated that it believes that many smaller
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Ardonagh losses rise to £44.5m in H1 2019
- Brightside hires new MD of broking as Russell Bence exits
- Gauntlet expands into Wales with two new ARs
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- Bravo Group spent £53m on deals in 2018
- Call Connection's administration extension confirmed
- GRP buys risk management firm H&S Click