▶ What is the origin of Lifesure?
It has been around a long time and was established in 1971 by a man named Colin Barnes. He was an entrepreneurial salesman with an eye for a new product and a new market or scheme.
It started small and built quickly around leisure products. So he left a good legacy after passing away last December. His shareholding is now largely with family members and myself. I was brought in externally.
We have two family members working for us, Simon Barnes, Colin’s son,
- Former Axa claims handler jailed for fraud
- GRP’s County Group buys Guardian in "first of many" deals
- Finch Insurance Brokers returns to profitable growth in 2017
- Trident switches from Open GI to Applied Systems
- Providers prepare for FCA affordability rule changes hitting premium finance
- Clear secures refinancing deal with ECI Partners
- SEIB looking for more deals after Equicover book buy