▶ What is the origin of Lifesure?
It has been around a long time and was established in 1971 by a man named Colin Barnes. He was an entrepreneurial salesman with an eye for a new product and a new market or scheme.
It started small and built quickly around leisure products. So he left a good legacy after passing away last December. His shareholding is now largely with family members and myself. I was brought in externally.
We have two family members working for us, Simon Barnes, Colin’s son,
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Lloyd’s suspends employee for “inappropriate comments” – report
- Brokers monitoring capacity shortages after TMKI run-off
- Lloyd's launches product innovation facility with £53m capacity
- Tokio Marine Kiln Insurance to go into run-off
- Tokio Marine Kiln: Figures revealed following closure of UK arm
- GRP’s County Group purchases Eric Rawlins & Company
- Profit margins for UK brokers at highest level in eight years