▶ What is the origin of Lifesure?
It has been around a long time and was established in 1971 by a man named Colin Barnes. He was an entrepreneurial salesman with an eye for a new product and a new market or scheme.
It started small and built quickly around leisure products. So he left a good legacy after passing away last December. His shareholding is now largely with family members and myself. I was brought in externally.
We have two family members working for us, Simon Barnes, Colin’s son,
- RSA boss Egan "not defensive" about broker criticism
- Andy Briggs to leave Aviva
- Qudos replacement policies reignite unrated debate
- Hiscox report shows cyber attacks are on the up
- Slow take-up of standardised Toba template was expected, says Biba
- Experts predict further changes at Aviva following Briggs' exit
- FCA re-examines duty of care as report warns customers at risk of harm