▶ What is the origin of Lifesure?
It has been around a long time and was established in 1971 by a man named Colin Barnes. He was an entrepreneurial salesman with an eye for a new product and a new market or scheme.
It started small and built quickly around leisure products. So he left a good legacy after passing away last December. His shareholding is now largely with family members and myself. I was brought in externally.
We have two family members working for us, Simon Barnes, Colin’s son,
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Ardonagh losses rise to £44.5m in H1 2019
- Brightside hires new MD of broking as Russell Bence exits
- Gauntlet expands into Wales with two new ARs
- Bravo Group spent £53m on deals in 2018
- Call Connection's administration extension confirmed
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- Ardonagh confirms the end of all Swinton retail branches