Hiscox has reported increased GWP of $3.8bn (£2.9bn) for the full year 2018 compared to $3.3bn in 2017.
Profit before tax also improved dramatically, rising from $40m to $137.4m while COR went from 98.8% to 94.9%.
In the UK GWP shot up 11.5% to $799.5m (2017: $717.1m).
But the insurer admitted that UK brokers had been impacted by system developments which had an effect on service to the market.
Bronek Masojada, CEO, wrote in his results report: “In the broker channel, IT change
- Three insurance firms on FSCS insolvency list
- Aston Lark confirms Goldman Sachs investment deal
- Blanc expects Goldman Sachs to invest in Aston Lark for 'at least five years'
- Aspen Risk Management to be placed in runoff
- Aviva continues to top Brokerbility members survey
- Esure hires former Aviva UKGI boss David McMillan as CEO
- Blog: The DNA of brokers is changing