Hiscox has reported increased GWP of $3.8bn (£2.9bn) for the full year 2018 compared to $3.3bn in 2017.
Profit before tax also improved dramatically, rising from $40m to $137.4m while COR went from 98.8% to 94.9%.
In the UK GWP shot up 11.5% to $799.5m (2017: $717.1m).
But the insurer admitted that UK brokers had been impacted by system developments which had an effect on service to the market.
Bronek Masojada, CEO, wrote in his results report: “In the broker channel, IT change
- David Ross accused of “not caring” about acting lawfully
- Aston Lark buys Highworth Insurance
- Zurich temporarily pulls out of direct home
- Allianz hires Gerry Ross as head of commercial motor
- Marsh-owner gains approval to buy Jardine Lloyd Thompson
- Arch Insurance International invests in MGA
- First Central Insurance & Technology takes CEO from Hastings