Hiscox has reported increased GWP of $3.8bn (£2.9bn) for the full year 2018 compared to $3.3bn in 2017.
Profit before tax also improved dramatically, rising from $40m to $137.4m while COR went from 98.8% to 94.9%.
In the UK GWP shot up 11.5% to $799.5m (2017: $717.1m).
But the insurer admitted that UK brokers had been impacted by system developments which had an effect on service to the market.
Bronek Masojada, CEO, wrote in his results report: “In the broker channel, IT change
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Government reveals recalculated Ogden rate
- Insurers disappointed by the new discount rate
- Lloyd’s strategy change gets market backing
- Danish regulator orders Gefion not to expand its business volume
- Chris Guillaume formally hands over CEO role
- CRL close to finding replacement for Alpha policies
- FCA issues fresh clone broker warning