Axa UK & Ireland has posted higher revenues in commercial lines and a slightly improved combined operating ratio (COR) for 2018.
The business revealed a COR of 98.4% for the property and casualty business, compared to 99.1% in 2017.
Total revenue for commercial lines was £1.36bn in 2018 (2017: £1.34bn), with commercial motor reporting revenues of £597.4m and non-motor £767.3m.
However total revenue in personal lines dipped to £1.55bn, from £1.64bn in the preceding year.
- Mactavish lays down the gauntlet on cyber
- Ageas redundancies confirmed
- Simon Matson says ‘complicated fat Arab’ slur regrettable but not discriminatory: Gallagher v Ardonagh
- Discount rate review set to begin
- Industry responds to reports of sexual harassment in Lloyd's
- EY report reveals £1 trillion Brexit exodus
- FSCS recovers £300m for levy payers