Axa UK & Ireland has posted higher revenues in commercial lines and a slightly improved combined operating ratio (COR) for 2018.
The business revealed a COR of 98.4% for the property and casualty business, compared to 99.1% in 2017.
Total revenue for commercial lines was £1.36bn in 2018 (2017: £1.34bn), with commercial motor reporting revenues of £597.4m and non-motor £767.3m.
However total revenue in personal lines dipped to £1.55bn, from £1.64bn in the preceding year.
- Lamp’s proposed liquidation sparks debate on insurer stability and ratings
- Ardonagh closes 24 Swinton branches
- Martyn Holman joins Banks-owned Eldon Insurance board
- Gibraltar insurer, Lamp, goes into liquidation amid insolvency
- Mactavish names all British Steel insurers
- Brokers warned over admin fees and commission
- Lockton announces key hires in Birmingham and Manchester