Axa UK & Ireland has posted higher revenues in commercial lines and a slightly improved combined operating ratio (COR) for 2018.
The business revealed a COR of 98.4% for the property and casualty business, compared to 99.1% in 2017.
Total revenue for commercial lines was £1.36bn in 2018 (2017: £1.34bn), with commercial motor reporting revenues of £597.4m and non-motor £767.3m.
However total revenue in personal lines dipped to £1.55bn, from £1.64bn in the preceding year.
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Ardonagh confirms the end of all Swinton retail branches
- Ardonagh losses rise to £44.5m in H1 2019
- Aon UK confirms solicitors’ PI cover has been withdrawn
- Bravo Group spent £53m on deals in 2018
- Call Connection's administration extension confirmed
- PIB u-turns on pledge to keep Albany Childcare brand
- Gauntlet expands into Wales with two new ARs