Beazley has reported a 55% drop in pre-tax profit for the year ended 31 December 2018.
The Lloyd’s provider posted a pre-tax profit of $76.4m (£59.2m) in 2018 compared to $168.0m in 2017.
Chief executive officer Andrew Horton explained that the drop was due to a decline in investment returns.
The results were also impacted by severe natural catastrophe claims from the wildfires in California.
According to the insurer its catastrophe reserves had already been depleted from 2017’s heavy
- RSA boss Egan "not defensive" about broker criticism
- Andy Briggs to leave Aviva
- Qudos replacement policies reignite unrated debate
- Hiscox report shows cyber attacks are on the up
- Slow take-up of standardised Toba template was expected, says Biba
- Experts predict further changes at Aviva following Briggs' exit
- FCA re-examines duty of care as report warns customers at risk of harm