Beazley has reported a 55% drop in pre-tax profit for the year ended 31 December 2018.
The Lloyd’s provider posted a pre-tax profit of $76.4m (£59.2m) in 2018 compared to $168.0m in 2017.
Chief executive officer Andrew Horton explained that the drop was due to a decline in investment returns.
The results were also impacted by severe natural catastrophe claims from the wildfires in California.
According to the insurer its catastrophe reserves had already been depleted from 2017’s heavy
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Ardonagh confirms the end of all Swinton retail branches
- Ardonagh losses rise to £44.5m in H1 2019
- Aon UK confirms solicitors’ PI cover has been withdrawn
- Bravo Group spent £53m on deals in 2018
- Call Connection's administration extension confirmed
- PIB u-turns on pledge to keep Albany Childcare brand
- Gauntlet expands into Wales with two new ARs