ECIC has unveiled a legal expenses insurance product (LEI) for the contractor market.
The Markel-owned insurer cited figures showing that the cost of legal disputes in UK construction were at an all-time high and that tribunal cases rose sharply in the past year.
According to the firm the new policy will enable regional commercial brokers to offer contractors “valuable protection in the event of legal disputes”.
ECIC detailed that the insurance was available as an add-on to its commercial
- Legal Protection Group confirms loss of Inter Hannover capacity
- Towergate’s Andy Parkin resurfaces at Gauntlet
- Laurent Matras takes interim Axa retail MD role as Gareth Howell departs
- Profits up at Allianz in 2018
- Consolidation opens up opportunities, says Romero boss
- Ghost broker jailed for two years
- Up to 275 jobs at risk at Axa XL in the UK