ECIC has unveiled a legal expenses insurance product (LEI) for the contractor market.
The Markel-owned insurer cited figures showing that the cost of legal disputes in UK construction were at an all-time high and that tribunal cases rose sharply in the past year.
According to the firm the new policy will enable regional commercial brokers to offer contractors “valuable protection in the event of legal disputes”.
ECIC detailed that the insurance was available as an add-on to its commercial
- PIB seeking to raise £100m - £200m to fund growth
- Nick Milton to develop Pen Underwriting’s broker strategy replacing Simon Taylor
- Experts urge brokers to look over remuneration after FCA warning on GI distribution failings
- Wonga's Tara Waite (formerly Kneafsey) returns to insurance with Ageas role
- Arch buys Obelisk Underwriting
- FCA warns brokers to be ready for SM&CR
- Tokio Marine Kiln’s Blundell joins Biba