ECIC has unveiled a legal expenses insurance product (LEI) for the contractor market.
The Markel-owned insurer cited figures showing that the cost of legal disputes in UK construction were at an all-time high and that tribunal cases rose sharply in the past year.
According to the firm the new policy will enable regional commercial brokers to offer contractors “valuable protection in the event of legal disputes”.
ECIC detailed that the insurance was available as an add-on to its commercial
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- FCA warns of Moneysupermarket clone
- Documents reveal government actuary recommended a 0.25% discount rate
- Construction firm unable to find insurance due to lack of capacity
- Fact file: What’s the story with the Ogden Rate?
- Hastings expects £8.4m hit from Ogden rate change
- Insurers disappointed by the new discount rate
- US-firm AssuredPartners buys Hettle Andrews