Research by The AA has shown an ongoing slide in car insurance premiums from the all-time high of the second quarter of 2017.
The average quoted Shoparound premium for an annual comprehensive car insurance policy stood at £628.24 in the third quarter of 2018. It was £726.93 at its Q2 2017 peak.
The most recent figures represent a 3.9% drop in three months and a 9.9% fall over 12 months.
The index uses aggregator, direct and broker quotes to find an average of the five cheapest
- Lamp’s proposed liquidation sparks debate on insurer stability and ratings
- Ardonagh closes 24 Swinton branches
- Mactavish names all British Steel insurers
- Martyn Holman joins Banks-owned Eldon Insurance board
- Gibraltar insurer, Lamp, goes into liquidation amid insolvency
- Brokers warned over admin fees and commission
- Lockton announces key hires in Birmingham and Manchester