Research by The AA has shown an ongoing slide in car insurance premiums from the all-time high of the second quarter of 2017.
The average quoted Shoparound premium for an annual comprehensive car insurance policy stood at £628.24 in the third quarter of 2018. It was £726.93 at its Q2 2017 peak.
The most recent figures represent a 3.9% drop in three months and a 9.9% fall over 12 months.
The index uses aggregator, direct and broker quotes to find an average of the five cheapest
- Folgate teams up with MS Amlin for 2019
- Vivek Banga to leave Gallagher for Polaris
- Touchstone recruits four business development managers in regional broker drive
- Motor insurance pay-outs soar to record levels
- InsurTech Futures: Start-up With Jack authorised by the FCA
- Bridge breaks through £10m barrier
- Profile: Peter Cullum, Towergate founder and GRP chairman