Research by The AA has shown an ongoing slide in car insurance premiums from the all-time high of the second quarter of 2017.
The average quoted Shoparound premium for an annual comprehensive car insurance policy stood at £628.24 in the third quarter of 2018. It was £726.93 at its Q2 2017 peak.
The most recent figures represent a 3.9% drop in three months and a 9.9% fall over 12 months.
The index uses aggregator, direct and broker quotes to find an average of the five cheapest
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- FCA warns of Moneysupermarket clone
- Documents reveal government actuary recommended a 0.25% discount rate
- Insurers disappointed by the new discount rate
- Fact file: What’s the story with the Ogden Rate?
- Government reveals recalculated Ogden rate
- Hastings expects £8.4m hit from Ogden rate change
- Construction firm unable to find insurance due to lack of capacity