Research by The AA has shown an ongoing slide in car insurance premiums from the all-time high of the second quarter of 2017.
The average quoted Shoparound premium for an annual comprehensive car insurance policy stood at £628.24 in the third quarter of 2018. It was £726.93 at its Q2 2017 peak.
The most recent figures represent a 3.9% drop in three months and a 9.9% fall over 12 months.
The index uses aggregator, direct and broker quotes to find an average of the five cheapest
- Aviva grows mid-market appetite
- MRIB buys Independents
- Ex-Enterprise non-exec chairman Nick Cruz sues Gibraltar regulator for libel
- Unauthorised broker targets customers on Instagram
- Acturis set to seek new minority PE investor
- Saffron buys Farmer Insurance Brokers
- Biba warns of 'uncharted waters' as Theresa May's Brexit deal is rejected