Research by The AA has shown an ongoing slide in car insurance premiums from the all-time high of the second quarter of 2017.
The average quoted Shoparound premium for an annual comprehensive car insurance policy stood at £628.24 in the third quarter of 2018. It was £726.93 at its Q2 2017 peak.
The most recent figures represent a 3.9% drop in three months and a 9.9% fall over 12 months.
The index uses aggregator, direct and broker quotes to find an average of the five cheapest
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- Zurich cuts scheme contract with Fleet UK
- THB pledges support for Fleet UK
- Brightside hires new MD of broking as Russell Bence exits
- Ardonagh shutters Swinton's advised commercial business
- Latest Ogden rate change will cost the industry over £160m
- Allianz appoints branch leaders