Olly Laughton-Scott, partner at IMAS has insisted that large brokers have learnt their lessons of buying smaller firms, summing up: "The lesson is don't try it".
Addressing around 75 delegates at a lecture today (14 March) held in The Old Library at Lloyd's, Laughton-Scott explained how M&A had impacted the top 50 brokers.
"The lesson they've [very large brokers] learnt is they can't do it and it's a good lesson to learn," he said.
"There are some things you can't do as a big business. Therefore
- Aviva "disappointed" after watchdog bans Aviva Drive app ad
- Leadenhall Market evacuated after “suspicious package”
- Aston Scott and Lark confirm new management structure
- UK Broker Awards 2017: The winners
- Blockchain could “eliminate” the need for brokers
- “Transformation” costs Swinton as profits fall
- Three firms in for Leeds-based Henderson