Olly Laughton-Scott, partner at IMAS has insisted that large brokers have learnt their lessons of buying smaller firms, summing up: "The lesson is don't try it".
Addressing around 75 delegates at a lecture today (14 March) held in The Old Library at Lloyd's, Laughton-Scott explained how M&A had impacted the top 50 brokers.
"The lesson they've [very large brokers] learnt is they can't do it and it's a good lesson to learn," he said.
"There are some things you can't do as a big business. Therefore
- Marsh accused of trying to squash Marshmallow name by InsurTech start up
- Brokers face another FSCS hike and situation could yet get worse
- Marsh Networks partners with Ataraxia for succession planning
- Volante launches first MGA – Edison Motor
- Moving away from brokers would be a “major dereliction of duty”, says Phil Bayles
- Stuart Vann out at Esure
- Nexus considering sale, IPO and further options