Olly Laughton-Scott, partner at IMAS has insisted that large brokers have learnt their lessons of buying smaller firms, summing up: "The lesson is don't try it".
Addressing around 75 delegates at a lecture today (14 March) held in The Old Library at Lloyd's, Laughton-Scott explained how M&A had impacted the top 50 brokers.
"The lesson they've [very large brokers] learnt is they can't do it and it's a good lesson to learn," he said.
"There are some things you can't do as a big business. Therefore
- Court knocks out top cage fighter's whiplash claim
- Amazon states “disruption” plans in job advert
- Midas takes on Direct Group’s commercial business
- MP tables motion in Parliament urging government to freeze IPT
- Markerstudy confirms 27 redundancies
- Go Compare rejects £460m Zoopla-owner bid
- Una Conference 2017: MRIB joins Una Alliance