Olly Laughton-Scott, partner at IMAS has insisted that large brokers have learnt their lessons of buying smaller firms, summing up: "The lesson is don't try it".
Addressing around 75 delegates at a lecture today (14 March) held in The Old Library at Lloyd's, Laughton-Scott explained how M&A had impacted the top 50 brokers.
"The lesson they've [very large brokers] learnt is they can't do it and it's a good lesson to learn," he said.
"There are some things you can't do as a big business. Therefore
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Close Brothers and other creditors to lose out following collapse of Ignition Select
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Aggregators eating into SME business – GlobalData