Olly Laughton-Scott, partner at IMAS has insisted that large brokers have learnt their lessons of buying smaller firms, summing up: "The lesson is don't try it". Addressing around 75 delegates at a lecture today (14 March) held in The Old Library at Lloyd's, Laughton-Scott explained how M&A had impacted the top 50 brokers. "The lesson they've [very large brokers] learnt is they can't do it and it's a good lesson to learn," he said. "There are some things you can't do as a big business. Therefore
- Gable policyholders receive £8.3m return payments
- Broker Network posts rise in revenue after "extraordinary year"
- Higos makes 2016 loss but turnover grows
- Flood Re targets broker distribution
- FCA publishes IDD plans
- InsurTech Futures: Brokers urged not to sit on the side-lines
- Applied Systems reveals BHIB as second Epic user in UK