Principle Insurance has revealed it will be providing Shariah-compliant motor and home insurance to UK residents from later this year. As with co-operative insurance, policyholders will contribute money to a common pool - the Takaful fund - which will then be used to pay claims. Any surplus in the fund will be returned to policyholders, while any deficit will be protected by the company's shareholders.
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Aggregators eating into SME business – GlobalData
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017