Principle Insurance has revealed it will be providing Shariah-compliant motor and home insurance to UK residents from later this year. As with co-operative insurance, policyholders will contribute money to a common pool - the Takaful fund - which will then be used to pay claims. Any surplus in the fund will be returned to policyholders, while any deficit will be protected by the company's shareholders.
- Losses bite at Ageas Retail after Kwik Fit closure
- David Charles steps down as head of PIB-owned Cooke & Mason
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- Lark boosts profit ahead of Aston Scott merger
- Ageas teams up with CDL on Flood Re solution
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Broking Break - Your Top Five