The tension between brokers and insurers was voted by 61% of delegates to be a positive force in insurance, following the debate 'Brokers and underwriters, never the twain shall meet.'
Only 39% agreed with this statement beforehand but opinion swung after the motion was put forward by Brendan McManus, commercial director of Royal & Sun Alliance and George Moore QC, HMB Sayers, while Andy Homer, chief executive of Folgate and Bill Macreath of Levy and Mcrae argued against the motion.
- Losses bite at Ageas Retail after Kwik Fit closure
- David Charles steps down as head of PIB-owned Cooke & Mason
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- Lark boosts profit ahead of Aston Scott merger
- Ageas teams up with CDL on Flood Re solution
- Meet the Leeds Expo panellists: Simon Mabb
- Verisk to buy Sequel for £250m