The tension between brokers and insurers was voted by 61% of delegates to be a positive force in insurance, following the debate 'Brokers and underwriters, never the twain shall meet.'
Only 39% agreed with this statement beforehand but opinion swung after the motion was put forward by Brendan McManus, commercial director of Royal & Sun Alliance and George Moore QC, HMB Sayers, while Andy Homer, chief executive of Folgate and Bill Macreath of Levy and Mcrae argued against the motion.
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Ardonagh looking at deals worth £500m
- Das v Asplin: Prosecution outlines arguments on fraud charges
- InsurTech Futures: Gadget and motor products go live on Brolly
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- Ensurance adds combined construction liability policy
- FCA data reveals huge surge in PPI complaints