The credit crunch has curbed insurers' tendency to embrace technological advances in administration, according to SSP insurance division director Andy Watts. In a statement, he said the effect of the economic downturn had driven several insurers to exclude investing in new IT from their list of top business priorities. He called for software and IT providers to design new and less costly tools for the industry in order to encourage greater IT investment in the current economy.
- Losses bite at Ageas Retail after Kwik Fit closure
- David Charles steps down as head of PIB-owned Cooke & Mason
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- Lark boosts profit ahead of Aston Scott merger
- Ageas teams up with CDL on Flood Re solution
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Broking Break - Your Top Five