The British Insurance Brokers' Association was in talks with three of the UK's remaining liability insurers, as IA went to press, in an attempt to replace products offered by The Underwriter Insurance Co, which has closed to new business. The Underwriter provides Biba's member scheme for excess public product liability cover via its probroker.co.uk website.
Although no details were available, Biba chief executive Mike Williams said the exclusive scheme, worth under £10m in premium income, had
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Aggregators eating into SME business – GlobalData
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017