The Financial Services Compensation Schemes’ (FSCS) plan for brokers to absorb a 62.5% levy increase has triggered criticism by the industry.
In its plan and budget for 2017/18, the FSCS said the levy for general insurance intermediation would increase from £8m last year to £13m. This would fund an expected overall increase in payment protection insurance (PPI) claims.
The move comes after the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) opened a consultation in December into how best to fu
- Losses bite at Ageas Retail after Kwik Fit closure
- David Charles steps down as head of PIB-owned Cooke & Mason
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- Lark boosts profit ahead of Aston Scott merger
- Ageas teams up with CDL on Flood Re solution
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Broking Break - Your Top Five