Since the Retail Distribution Review (RDR) was first mooted in 2005 the estimates of how many IFAs would be lost from the industry has fallen.
The figure has dropped from as high as 40% to the current estimate of 10% declared by Hector Sants, chief executive of the Financial Services Authority (FSA).
RDR looks at a variety of issues including raising professional standards and will result in IFAs losing the ability to take commission from a product with fees agreed up front with the customer ins
- Premium Credit explains taking system offline
- MMC confirms up to 3,750 jobs in danger from JLT takeover
- MMC boss Dan Glaser lifts the lid on the 11 day JLT deal
- Ex broker jailed for £140,000 fraud
- Gallagher and Ardonagh in legal dispute
- Broker named on FSCS insolvency list
- Brokers see opportunity in MMC’s JLT takeover