In the space of a few days the British Insurance Brokers' Association (Biba) and compliance consultancy UKGI have both warned about the perils of brokers being exposed to increased liability claims.
Essentially, the new Act will serve to shift profoundly the balance of power between insurers and their clients, leaving brokers caught up in the middle of this change.
Customers are no longer duty bound to volunteer all the necessary information on quotation. Instead the onus is on brokers to ensur
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Close Brothers and other creditors to lose out following collapse of Ignition Select
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Aggregators eating into SME business – GlobalData