In the space of a few days the British Insurance Brokers' Association (Biba) and compliance consultancy UKGI have both warned about the perils of brokers being exposed to increased liability claims.
Essentially, the new Act will serve to shift profoundly the balance of power between insurers and their clients, leaving brokers caught up in the middle of this change.
Customers are no longer duty bound to volunteer all the necessary information on quotation. Instead the onus is on brokers to
- Gallagher set to ink another deal before Christmas
- CBL Insurance placed into liquidation
- Top 100 2018: Find out who made the list
- Top 100 2018 - Bandings
- Dye points to pricing changes following claims inflation
- Broker Choice Awards: The winners
- At the crossroads: Changes at RSA, Aviva and Ageas add to market uncertainty