In the space of a few days the British Insurance Brokers' Association (Biba) and compliance consultancy UKGI have both warned about the perils of brokers being exposed to increased liability claims.
Essentially, the new Act will serve to shift profoundly the balance of power between insurers and their clients, leaving brokers caught up in the middle of this change.
Customers are no longer duty bound to volunteer all the necessary information on quotation. Instead the onus is on brokers to ensur
- One Broker buys Gibbs Denley Insurance Services
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- Bennett Christmas buys Horsham-based Slade Edwards Insurance
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Gadget insurance aggregator launched
- In-depth - Personal lines: The omni-channel future
- Confused.com sees profits halve for start of 2017