You fool, I hear you cry, The Statement of Principles does not run out until July 2013.
But smart brokers will have already seen the problem coming. Up until now insurers have, pretty much, signed themselves up for insuring risks that they'd prefer not to cover and come July 2013 they won't have to.
But my contention is that actually the key date is July 2012. Once the length of contract goes over - let's call it the date line - then insurers will already be refining their pricing.
At the moment
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Close Brothers and other creditors to lose out following collapse of Ignition Select
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Aggregators eating into SME business – GlobalData