You fool, I hear you cry, The Statement of Principles does not run out until July 2013.
But smart brokers will have already seen the problem coming. Up until now insurers have, pretty much, signed themselves up for insuring risks that they'd prefer not to cover and come July 2013 they won't have to.
But my contention is that actually the key date is July 2012. Once the length of contract goes over - let's call it the date line - then insurers will already be refining their pricing.
At the moment
- Marsh unveils Marsh-JLT Specialty plans
- Up to 50 jobs at risk amid RSA specialty and wholesale restructure
- Aviva writing to customers after renewal transparency failing
- Brexit deal does not work for brokers, says Biba
- CBL Insurance placed into liquidation
- Gallagher set to ink another deal before Christmas
- Aviva on top again in Brokerbility satisfaction survey