You fool, I hear you cry, The Statement of Principles does not run out until July 2013.
But smart brokers will have already seen the problem coming. Up until now insurers have, pretty much, signed themselves up for insuring risks that they'd prefer not to cover and come July 2013 they won't have to.
But my contention is that actually the key date is July 2012. Once the length of contract goes over - let's call it the date line - then insurers will already be refining their pricing.
At the moment
- Losses bite at Ageas Retail after Kwik Fit closure
- David Charles steps down as head of PIB-owned Cooke & Mason
- Ansvar launches two charity products
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- Ascot launches new MGA and hires Michael Sillat to lead
- Verisk to buy Sequel for £250m
- Ageas teams up with CDL on Flood Re solution